Click for BBLUNT VISION Clik for interviews email facebook facebook

13 January 2011

News: Shady record signs Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf

One of the most exciting developments in the US hip hop scene for years was announced on Tuesday as Eminem's label Shady Records strengthened their roster with the signing of the super group (consisting of Royce da 5'9, Crooked I, Joelle Ortiz and Joe Budden) and Alabama rapper Yelawolf, who I've been rating as one of the most exciting acts in the scene.

"Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse, it's kinda phase two of Shady," says Eminem. "It's the new generation of Shady Records and as we're trying to rebuild our label, it's exciting for hip-hop and with all of these forces coming together and with what everybody's capable of on the mic, it's gonna be fun."


There had been rumours of Slaughterhouse joining Shady (especially after they appeared with Em in the Drake 'Forever' video), and have collabed in the past on this track 'Session One':


Yelawolf shared his thoughts as well:

"Considering where I'm from and the shit I've been through, it's hard to put into words what partnering with Shady means to me, my team at Ghet-O-Vision, and my state of Alabama. I can tell you that when you're willing to give your life up to see a dream through, the reward is great. And now that I've become an apprentice to one of the greatest artists in the world, my potential reaches beyond anything I ever imagined. Let's kill this shit."

I can see big things for the future of the label, and it seems Em's resorted to proven names this time, as 50 cent has been the only REAL success under the label with previous signings Cashis, Stat Quo, Obie Trice, D12 and Bobby Creekwater not creating the impact that had been hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment