Click for BBLUNT VISION Clik for interviews email facebook facebook

23 June 2012

Audio: Maxsta – I Wanna Rock [review]


Our new writer, the anonymous grime MC who writes under the alias of 'Jez Cool' drops this review of Maxsta's new joint which is due for release August 5!

I remember MCing alongside Maxsta at pirate stations like Axe FM and Rinse FM a long time ago, and he is now the first artist signed to Jamal 'SBTV' Edwards’ 'Just Jam' roster (part of RCA Records). On 'I wanna rock' he has produced a perfectly valid attempt to unite the listeners, both in the UK with the bars, and Stateside with the production.

As I was listening I could genuinely picture myself in the corner of a club with a few pals, raising my glass of liquor and ice pulling the same sort of cocky face he was probably pulling in the booth while putting the lyrics down. In fact, it is that cockiness, that oozes out of the track that makes it so engaging for me. I can’t imagine it will go down too well with many of his contemporaries, but who cares?!

More than enough people listen to music to experience escapism for it not to matter, and furthermore he’s not here to please his fellow spitters. So have that.



Check the behind the scenes footage of the video which is dropping soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment